P+P advised BlaBlaCar on the acquisition of carpooling.com GmbH (the operator of Mitfahrgelegenheit.de and Mitfahrzentrale.de)
Acquisition in the ridesharing-sector: French BlaBlaCar, the world's largest long-distance ridesharing platform, has acquired carpooling.com GmbH, the German operator of Mitfahrgelegenheit.de and Mitfahrzentrale.de. Sellers were inter alia Daimler AG, the Venture Capital firm Earlybird as well as private shareholders.
Through this acquisition, BlaBlaCar has become the leading provider of ridesharing services in Germany and Europe. Mitfahrgelegenheit.de and Mitfahrzentrale.de are internet portals of Munich based carpooling.com GmbH.
P+P Pöllath + Partners and its team have advised Comuto S.A., the owner and operator of BlaBlaCar, on the acquisition of all shares in carpooling.com GmbH:
- Dr. Frank Thiäner (Partner, Lead, M&A, Munich)
- Dipl.-Kfm. Alexander Pupeter (Partner, Tax, Munich)
- Dr. Christoph Thiermann (Associate, M&A, Munich)
- Tim Junginger (Associate, M&A, Munich)
- Daniel Wiedmann (Counsel, German and EU Competition Law, Frankfurt)
- Dr. Marcel Grobys (externer Spezialist für Arbeitsrecht)