P+P advises Equistone on the sale of the GALA-Kerzen Group
Funds managed by Equistone Partners Europe acquired a majority stake in GALA-Kerzen Group. Founded in 1972, the company is one of the largest candle manufacturers in Europe, headquartered in Germany. The purchase price remains confidential.
GALA-Kerzen, located in Wörnitz (Bavaria), supplies large retail and drugstore chains and discounters with scented candles, tealights, votive candles, pillar candles and rustic candles. The firm is represented by its distribution partners in more than 25 countries. The GALA group consistently records significant sustainable growth. The group and its 500 employees are expected to generate turnover sales of over EUR 70 million in the current fiscal year.
P+P Pöllath + Partners advised Equistone with the following team:
- Andrea Drygalski (lead, partner, M&A/PE, Munich)
- Ralf Bergjan (partner, M&A/PE, Munich)
- Verena Schäfer (Associate, M&A/PE, Munich)
- Nico Fischer (counsel, tax law, München)
- Matthias Werner (senior Associate, real estate, Berlin)
- Michael Wichert (senior Associate, real estate, Berlin)
P+P Pöllath + Partners recently advised Equistone on the sale of IN tIME Express Logistik GmbH to the South African Super Group Limited, as well as on the acquisition of POLO Motorrad und Sportswear GmbH.