P+P advises Pesca on sale of its shares in UNICEPTA
The Munich-based private equity firm Paragon Partners has acquired a majority stake in UNICEPTA. Pesca Private Equity initiated the exit by the previous group of shareholders including the Ippen Media Group, the former Bertelsmann CEO Harmut Ostrowski, as well as additional investors, in an international auction process. The management team remains invested in the company.
UNICEPTA is one of the leading European service providers for strategic media monitoring, media analyses, as well as intelligent issue management concepts. In the last ten years, UNICEPTA had an average yearly increase in turnover of approximately 18 percent. In the business year 2016/2017, the turnover was EUR 31.5 million. The company provides services to approximately 300 customers, including two thirds of the DAX companies, as well as many other multinationals. UNICEPTA is also the leading provider of so-called newsroom solutions in Germany in corporate communications.
P+P Pöllath + Partners advised the sellers from Pesca Private Equity on the sale of their shares with the following team:
- Tobias Jäger (counsel, lead, M&A/PE, Munich)
- Nico Fischer (partner, tax law, Munich)
- Jens Linde (associated partner,financing, Frankfurt)
- Daniel Wiedmann (counsel, antitrust law, Frankfurt)
- Andrea Streifeneder (associate, M&A/PE, Munich)
- Sebastian Rosentritt (associate, M&A/PE, Munich)
- Christoph Beigel (associate, tax law Munich)