Our clients include benefactors and donors with philanthropic concerns, as well as foundations and charitable organizations active in the sciences, arts and culture, education, development cooperation and other areas.
We offer comprehensive legal and tax advice on the establishment and ongoing support of and structural changes to foundations and nonprofit organizations.
Many of our firm's attorneys are conversant with the economic, legal and tax framework requirements of foundations and nonprofit organizations, due to both their advisory activities and their involvement as founders and/or committee members of charitable organizations.
In addition, we can comprehensively advise our clients on social venture capital. P+P combines expertise in foundations and nonprofit organizations with practical knowledge of private funds and mergers & acquisitions.
P+P has particular expertise in the following areas:
- establishment of (charitable) incorporated and unincorporated foundations, associations, limited liability companies, stock corporations and limited liability entrepreneurial companies.
- establishment of charitable funding organizations for domestic and foreign nonprofit organizations
- foundations (charitable and family foundations) connected to company succession
- restructuring of charitable organizations
- cooperation of charitable organizations with other tax-exempt entities; social franchising
- tax-related optimization of sponsoring
- advising on domestic and cross-border donations of individuals and corporations
- advising investors who wish to invest in social enterprises or charitable organizations
- investment of assets for foundations and charitable corporations
- establishment of social venture funds
- establishment, restructuring and asset structuring of family foundations
- advising benefactors and beneficiaries of domestic and foreign family foundations and trusts