*** P+P Online Subscription Tool - Investor onboarding with legal tech ***
P+P Pöllath + Partners is a market leader in the structuring of private equity funds in Germany. More than 40 P+P professionals contribute to one of the largest and most experienced fund structuring practices in continental Europe.
We advise initiators of and investors in private equity funds and worldwide fund participations in the area of alternative investments. Our team has extensive expertise in fund structuring, Alternative Investment Funds Managers (AIFM) Directive/Capital Investment Code (KAGB) advice, asset management and secondary transactions. This includes all relevant fund structures in private equity (buy-out, venture capital), mezzanine/private debt, distressed debt, real estate, infrastructure, natural resources/energy, education, hybrid funds, hedge funds, investment funds, crypto token funds and digital asset funds, sector and regional funds, captive funds, master-feeder structures, managed accounts, separate accounts, top-up and annex funds, specialized funds, as well as primary and secondary fund of funds.
We provide innovative and practical solutions to and strategies for all complex legal, tax, contractual and regulatory issues for initiators, managers and investors. We handle fund structuring for many of the best-known international and German fund sponsors, as well as for specialized boutique fund firms.
In addition to fund structuring, we advise fund managers on all areas of asset management (e.g. formation of participation platforms, managed accounts, family offices).
Our services encompass the following areas:
- Structuring of funds and other investment vehicles
- Development of complex carried interest and management fee programs, structuring management companies and designing adviser structures
- Advising foreign fund sponsors and management teams on private placements of fund participations in Germany
- Investor advice: tailored assessment of fund governance and contractual terms, as well as tax, contractual and regulatory formation of participations in of private equity funds and other private investment vehicles on behalf of many major institutional and private investors, including banks, insurance companies, fund of funds, pension funds, corporations, foundations and charitable institutions, as well as family offices and wealthy private clients
- Regulatory law & AIFM Directive/Capital Investment Act advice: design and assessment of fund initiators with regard to registration requirements and regulatory regimes, as well as regulatory supervision of investors' fund participations
- Secondary transactions: advising fund initiators, sellers and buyers of fund participations, as well as secondary funds in all kinds of secondary transactions, ranging from individual transfers of limited partnership interests to complex portfolio transactions
- Developing innovative products for the retail market and supervision of German Federal Financial Supervisory Authority (BaFin) licensing proceedings pursuant to the sales prospectus law
- Obtaining binding information on tax and regulatory matters and supervision of audits, as well as regulatory notification and release proceedings
- Litigation and extrajudicial dispute resolution for conflict resolution relating to private equity funds
- Influencing legislation and administrative practice by anticipating and participating in current policy discussions with representatives of German government, tax administrations and regulatory agencies