POELLATH advises Elvaston Capital on its investment in iS Software Group
A fund advised by Elvaston Capital (“Elvaston”) has acquired a majority stake in iS Software Group (“iS Software”), a German software developer for the energy and water industry. The seller was WZ Energy Holding GmbH (“WZ Energy”). POELLATH provided comprehensive legal and tax advice to Elvaston related to the acquisition.
Regensburg-based iS Software has been developing and distributing stable, modern software solutions for small and medium-sized companies in the energy and water industry for more than 25 years. In so doing, the company supports and attends to its approximately 300 customers with individualized concepts and solutions, as well as progressive technologies. iS Software employs approximately 120 people at 5 locations and focuses on current topics, such as the new market communication 2022, Redispatch 2.0, new billing models or the SMGWA connection.
Elvaston is an entrepreneur-led investment company specializing in medium-sized companies in German-speaking countries. Elvaston acquires majority stakes and provides equity capital for growth financing. The portfolio includes succession solutions for entrepreneurs and families, group spin-offs and buy & build concepts in industries with consolidation potential, growth financing in the form of equity capital increases and transactions in listed companies.
POELLATH provided comprehensive legal and tax advice to Elvaston in connection with the acquisition with the following team:
- Dr. Tim Kaufhold (partner, lead, M&A/private equity, Munich).
- Dr. Nico Fischer (partner, tax, Munich)
- Daniel Wiedmann (associated partner, distribution and antitrust law, Frankfurt)
- Dr. Moritz Klein (counsel, M&A/private equity, Munich)
- Christine Funk (senior associate, M&A/private equity, Frankfurt)
- Nemanja Burgić (senior associate, M&A/private equity, Munich)
- Matthias Oberbauer (senior associate, M&A/private equity, Munich)