POELLATH advises Gimv on its investment in Variotech GmbH
Gimv has acquired a majority stake in Variotech GmbH (“Variotech”), Germany’s leading manufacturer of innovative workpiece carriers for industrial automation. The sellers of Variotech include a group of investors with EOS Partners as lead investor. The parties have agreed not to disclose further details of the transaction. POELLATH provided comprehensive legal advice to Gimv in connection with the investment.
Founded in 1998 and based in Nordhorn, Lower Saxony, Variotech GmbH is a German manufacturer of automation technology, which is, used in particular, in fully automated manufacturing processes for the transport and handling of components of various shapes and sizes. Its customized products primarily include reusable, highly durable workpiece carriers made almost exclusively from recycled materials using thermoforming. Variotech supplies customers from a wide range of industries: from the automotive industry, electronics, semiconductor and medical technology to household technology and consumer goods. In addition to further growth in its European home market, the company is focused on expansion in North America with its recently established subsidiary in Indianapolis.
Gimv is a European investment company with 40 years of experience as a private equity firm. The company currently manages investments of approximately EUR 1 billion in about 50 portfolio companies.
POELLATH provided comprehensive legal advice to Gimv on the investment with the following cross-office team:
- Dr. Tim Kaufhold (partner, lead, M&A/private equity, Munich)
- Dr. Jens Linde (associated partner, financing, Frankfurt)
- Dr. Verena Stenzel (counsel, M&A/private equity, Munich)
- Dr. Moritz Klein (counsel, M&A/private equity, Munich)
- Dr. Matthias Werner (counsel, real estate, Berlin)
- Christine Funk (senior associate, M&A/private equity, Frankfurt)
- Nemanja Burgić (senior associate, M&A/private equity, Munich)
- Matthias Oberbauer (senior associate, M&A/private equity, Munich)