As funds lawyer with extensive advisory and structuring experience, Joachim provides best-in-class advice to investors investing in private funds and alternative assets. He is the trusted advisor to several well-known European investors and organizations that rely on him when negotiating fund terms, fund economics and investors’ rights. In addition, as POELLATH’s fund litigation specialist his negotiation skills are put to work in connection with liability claims in hundreds of court trials before state and appellate courts. He also advises on pre-trial and contentious negotiation situations between investors and managers. With his open manner and direct communication style, he distills the relevant criteria for decision-making in a concise and intelligible manner, regardless of the complexity of the situation. For this trilingual Swabian, empathy and good humor are key. To remain in balance, he does not do any individual or team sports.
- Joined POELLATH in 2013
- Secondee with the European Investment Fund, Legal Counsel for fund investments, (Lower and Mid-market, Venture Capital), Luxembourg (2018)
- Admitted to bar in 2013
- Freelance Collaborator with a German law firm (2010–2012)
- Research Associate, Institute of German and European Corporate and Business Law, Heidelberg (2008–2009)
- Employee in the tax policy department of a "Big Four" advisory firm (2006-2007)
- Studied law in Heidelberg (Ph.D. 2016) and San Francisco (Golden Gate University; LL.M. 2010)