POELLATH advises DBAG portfolio company Dieter Braun on acquisition of ASSMANN WSW Group
Dieter Braun GmbH, a DBAG portfolio company, has acquired through its holding company (Braun Group GmbH) ASSMANN WSW Group (“ASSMANN WSW”), a North Rhine-Westphalia-based manufacturer and system provider of standard and customized connectors and cable assemblies. The two managing partners of ASSMANN WSW, Bernd Weidenhammer and Frank Walter, will hold shares in the Braun Group in the future. The parties have agreed not to disclose details of the transaction. POELLATH provided comprehensive legal and tax advice to the Dieter Braun Group in connection with the acquisition.
ASSMANN WSW, based in Lüdenscheid, North Rhine-Westphalia, is a global manufacturer and system provider of standard and customized connectors, cable assemblies, heat sinks and assembly services with more than 50 years of experience in the electromechanical and cooling technology market. The owner-managed company has a sales organization and a well-developed distribution network and generates one third of its sales with its own sales organization in the USA. A subsidiary in China also organizes the supply of important components and their quality control. Customized heat sinks and cable assemblies are manufactured at the company’s own production facility in Slovakia. The company employs around 80 people.
The Dieter Braun Group is a specialist and solution provider for cable assembly and lighting technology. In addition to its headquarters in Bayreuth, the company has production sites in the Czech Republic and Ukraine, as well as in Mexico and China. The corporate group employs around 1,400 people.
POELLATH provided comprehensive legal and tax advice to the Dieter Braun Group in connection with the acquisition with the following team:
- Philipp von Braunschweig (partner, M&A/ private equity, Munich; co-lead).
- Dr. Sebastian Rosentritt (counsel, M&A/private equity, Munich; co-lead)
- Dr. Nico Fischer (partner, tax, Munich)
- Dr. Matthias Werner (counsel, real estate, Berlin)
- Andrea Streifeneder (senior associate, M&A/ private equity, Munich)
- Christine Funk (senior associate, M&A/IP, Frankfurt)
- Dr. Matthias Meier (associate, M&A/ private equity, Munich)
- David Lübkemeier (associate, M&A/private equity, Munich)
- Andreas Gesell (associate, tax, Munich)