POELLATH advises DEDIQ on partnership with SAP
Through SAP Fioneer, the two companies will jointly expand the SAP portfolio for financial services providers and invest in new industry-specific solutions to better support the banking and insurance industries, which are currently undergoing very rapid change. These solutions will be based on SAP software and integrated into SAP’s portfolio and product roadmap.
Subject to regulatory approval, SAP and DEDIQ will jointly invest in SAP Fioneer. Both SAP and DEDIQ will contribute the necessary financial resources, technology and development expertise, and also the broad partner network to rapidly establish SAP Fioneer as a force in the IT market. The joint venture is expected to begin operations in the second half of 2021.
POELLATH provided legal and tax advice to DEDIQ in connection with setting up the holding and financing structure with the following team:
- Christian Tönies (partner, lead, M&A, private equity, Munich/Berlin)
- Dr. Nico Fischer (partner, tax, Munich)
- Daniel Wiedmann (associated partner, antitrust law, Frankfurt)
- Dr. Sebastian Gerlinger (counsel, M&A, private equity, Munich/Berlin)
- Dr. Philip Mostertz (senior associate, private funds, Berlin)
- Markus Döllner (senior associate, M&A, private equity, Munich)
- Dr. Stefan Weinberger (associate, tax, Frankfurt)