POELLATH advises EMERAM and diva-e on sale of data center ‘firstcolo’ to Cube Infrastructure Managers
Frankfurt-based firstcolo datacenters was founded in 2007 and is an independent provider of colocation, dedicated servers, managed services and private cloud services. The company owns two state-of-the-art Tier III+ data centers in Frankfurt, which are 100 percent powered by green electricity. The company expanded by acquiring Accelerated IT in 2017.
EMERAM is one of the leading investment managers for medium-sized companies in German-speaking countries. Funds advised by EMERAM provide more than EUR 700 million in capital for the development of growing companies. The portfolio includes companies in the technology/software, services and new consumer goods sectors.
Cube is an independent, mid-market infrastructure investor that acquired firstcolo through Cube Insfrastructure Fund III. Founded in 2007, Cube has raised EUR 4.0 billion to date through four European-focused funds and has successfully made more than 30 investments across Europe. Cube IM holds a five-star rating with UNPRI and has received several ESG awards.
POELLATH provided comprehensive legal and tax advice to EMERAM and its portfolio company diva-e with the following team:
- Otto Haberstock (partner, lead, M&A, private equity, Munich).
- Dr. Nico Fischer (partner, tax, Munich)
- Daniel Wiedmann (associated partner, antitrust and foreign trade law, Frankfurt)
- Daniel Zhu (senior associate, M&A, private equity, Munich)
- Angelina Seelbach (senior associate, M&A, private equity, Munich)
- Raphael Baumgartner (senior associate, tax, Munich)
- Daniel Hoppen (associate, antitrust and foreign trade law, Frankfurt)
- Moritz Löffler (associate, M&A, private equity, Munich)
- Andreas Gesell (associate, tax, Munich)