POELLATH advises GENUI on investment by EMH in Acrolinx
POELLATH, together with PwC Legal, provided legal and tax advice to funds advised by Genui GmbH (“GENUI”) in connection with an investment by funds advised by EMH Partners (“EMH”) in Acrolinx Holding GmbH (“Acrolinx”). EMH acquired a significant minority interest in Acrolinx. GENUI continues to be invested as the primary shareholder and, together with EMH, now supports the company and its management in further business expansion.
Acrolinx is a fast-growing company in the highly dynamic market of “Content Impact (Software) Platforms”. The company’s AI-powered software platform helps the world’s most valuable brands securely manage and improve the business impact of their content-driven customer touchpoints. The company’s offerings primarily serve global companies in the life sciences, finance and insurance, high-tech and manufacturing sectors. Acrolinx was founded as a spin-off of the German Research Center for Artificial Intelligence (Deutsches Forschungszentrums für Künstliche Intelligenz). The company is headquartered in Berlin with an additional office in Boston, USA. Acrolinx employs about 180 people, of which about 60 are in the USA.
POELLATH advised GENUI on the legal and tax aspects of the investment with the following team:
- Dr. Tim Kaufhold (partner, lead, M&A/private equity, Munich).
- Dr. Nico Fischer (partner, tax, Munich)
- Dr. Matthias Werner (counsel, real estate law, Berlin)
- Dr. Moritz Klein (counsel, M&A/private equity, Munich)
- Nemanja Burgić (senior associate, M&A/private equity, Munich)
- Christine Funk (senior associate, M&A/private equity, Frankfurt)
- Matthias Oberbauer (senior associate, M&A/private equity, Munich)
- Dr. Stefan Weinberger (senior associate, tax, Frankfurt)
- Andreas Gesell (associate, tax, Munich)