P+P advises DEWB AG on sale of their majority stake in electrical and electronic manufacturing specialist MueTec
While the purchase agreement was concluded in June 2020 with certain closing conditions, 24.9% of the shares in MueTec were transferred to the buyer in the first stage of closing. Subject to the approval of the competent authorities, the transfer of all remaining shares in MueTec is expected this year.
MueTec is an innovative provider of automated inspection solutions for quality control for semiconductor production and has received global recognition for contracts from large semiconductor manufacturers and notable tech companies. The company has locations in Munich and Aholming in Bavaria, Germany, as well as in Taiwan and Malaysia and has an international presence with over 300 installed facilities.
DEWB AG is a listed private equity firm that focuses its investments on asset management and business models that are critical to the digitalization of the economic sector. DEWB AG has an almost 200-year history and has invested 390 million Euros in 60 companies in the last 20 years; with 50 exits, including nine IPOs, it has realized more than 500 million Euros.
P+P Pöllath + Partners advised DEWB AG on all legal and tax matters related to the transaction with the following team:
- Dr. Michael Inhester (partner, co-lead, M&A, Munich)
- Andreas Kühnert (senior associate, co-lead, M&A, venture capital, Munich)
- Dr. Nico Fischer (Partner, Steuerrecht, Munich)
- Daniel Wiedmann (associated partner, antitrust law, regulatory M&A, Frankfurt)
- Adalbert Makos (counsel, M&A, venture capital, Munich)
- Christoph-Alexander May (associate, corporate and capital markets law, Munich)