P+P advises DPE Deutsche Private Equity on successful fundraising for DPE IV
Deutsche Private Equity (DPE), one of the leading German private equity firms, located in Munich, closed its fourth fund at the stipulated maximum cap of EUR 1 bn in subscribed capital.
Due to the strong demand from institutional investors both in Germany and abroad, DPE was able to successfully close the fundraising within less than four months; the demand greatly exceeded the stipulated maximum cap.
Fund IV, like its predecessor funds, invests in small and midsize growth companies, primarily in Germany, Switzerland and Austria.
P+P Pöllath + Partners once again had the leading and comprehensive role in advising DPE on all corporate, regulatory and tax matters with regard to fund structuring and fundraising according to German law. P+P also conducted the negotiations with the institutional investors and coordinated the cooperation with foreign legal advisors to DPE.
The following Pöllath team advised DPE:
- Uwe Bärenz (partner, co-lead, private funds, Berlin)
- Tarek Mardini (partner, co-lead, private funds, Berlin)
- Ronald Buge (partner, private funds/tax, Berlin)
- Sebastian Käpplinger (partner, private funds, Frankfurt)
- Christian Hillebrand (counsel, private funds, Berlin)
- Tobias Lochen (counsel, private funds, Berlin)
- Dr. Manuel Seidel (senior associate, private funds, Berlin)
- Miriam Palczynska-Zachmann (associate, private funds, Berlin)
In addition, the following attorneys advised DPE:
US-law: Proskauer Rose LLP (Boston/USA): Howard Beber (partner, funds/regulatory), Jim Poindexter (partner, tax), Camille Higonnet (partner, funds/regulatory), Anthony Drenzek (special regulatory counsel, regulatory) and Philip Lenertz (associate, tax).
Jersey-law: Mourant Ozannes (Jersey): Joel Hernandez (partner, funds), John MacFeeters (counsel, funds) and Rachel McGinness (associate, funds).
Luxemburg-law: Arendt & Medernach (Luxemburg): Jan Neugebauer (partner, tax), und Henner Hesslau (senior associate, tax) and Maria Grosbusch (senior associate, corporate/M&A)
as well as a number of other foreign law firms on distribution issues.