P+P advises Palladio on the acquisition of shares in the Railpool Group
A fund managed by Palladio Partners ("Palladio") has acquired a 25% stake in the Railpool Group from Oaktree Capital Management. The funds managed by Palladio hold now a total of 50% of Railpool. The remaining 50% of shares are held by GIC (SWF Singapore).
Railpool was founded in Munich in 2008 and is now one of the leading railcar rental companies. With over 400 locomotives, Railpool is one of the largest providers in Europe. The company operates in 14 European countries.
P+P advised Palladio on the acquisition with the following team:
- Uwe Bärenz, Dr. Georg Greitemann, Dr. Jens Steinmüller (partners, private equity, Berlin/Frankfurt)
- Daniel Wiedmann (associated partner, antitrust law, Frankfurt)
- Dr. Tobias Lochen (counsel, private equity, Berlin)
- Christine Funk, Dr. Sebastian Garncarz (senior associates, private equity, Berlin/Frankfurt)
- Xin Zhang (associate, antitrust law, Frankfurt)