POELLATH advises the shareholders of WHOW Games GmbH on the sale to Azerion Games en Content Holding B.V.
Hamburg-based WHOW Games builds and operates so-called social online casino games on the Internet and as a free app under the brand name “Jackpot.de”. The focus is on the social experience of casino games - from slot machines to table games, the entire entertainment offering of the world’s largest casinos can be experienced together with other users. The company employs around 90 people and is one of the top 20 German game developers. The WHOW Games founders have many years of experience in the development and marketing of free-to-play games and mobile social applications.
Before founding WHOW Games in 2015, founder Heiko Hubertz had already built up the German browser games pioneer Bigpoint since 2002 and later successfully sold it in two stages. Heiko Hubertz previously relied on the POELLATH team led by partner Philipp von Braunschweig.
The Dutch media, technology and entertainment company Azerion offers a variety of technology solutions in addition to video games, with the goal of representing the entire value chain to bring publishers, advertisers and users together. The company is considered the largest provider of casual games in the Netherlands and employs more than 800 people in 19 locations worldwide.
POELLATH provided legal and tax advice to the sellers with the following team:
- Philipp von Braunschweig (partner, lead, M&A, Munich).
- Dr. Nico Fischer (partner, tax law, Munich)
- Tobias Jäger (partner, M&A/corporate, Munich)
- Dr. Sebastian Rosentritt (senior associate, M&A/private equity, Munich)
- Andrea Streifeneder (senior associate, M&A/private equity, Munich)
- Dr. Matthias Meier (associate, M&A/private equity, Munich)
- Dr. Stefan Weinberger (associate, tax law, Frankfurt)