POELLATH advises Eckert & Ziegler Group on a spin-off and sale of a group company to TCL
To this end, EZAG’s wholly-owned subsidiary, Eckert & Ziegler BEBIG GmbH, has spun off its HDR business to BEBIG Medical GmbH, a company newly founded for this purpose, and subsequently sold 51% of its shares to TCL Healthcare Equipment (TCL) in Shanghai, a subsidiary of the Chinese TCL Group. For the remaining 49% of the shares in BEBIG Medical GmbH, TCL received a call option until the beginning of 2024 and Eckert & Ziegler BEBIG GmbH received a subsequent put option.
POELLATH advised Eckert & Ziegler BEBIG GmbH on the spin-off of the HDR business and on the sale of the majority stake in BEBIG Medical GmbH to TCL. POELLATH also advised EZAG on capital markets law during the transaction.
Eckert & Ziegler Strahlen- und Medizintechnik AG, founded in 1997 and based in Berlin, is one of the world’s largest suppliers of isotope technology components for nuclear medicine and radiation therapy with over 800 employees. The company offers services for radiopharmaceuticals at various locations, from early development to commercialization.
The Eckert & Ziegler share (ISIN DE0005659700) is listed on the TecDAX of the German stock exchange.
POELLATH provided comprehensive legal advice to the Eckert & Ziegler Group on the spin-off and the subsequent transaction with the following team:
- Dr. Eva Nase (partner, lead, M&A/private equity/corporate/capital markets, Munich).
- Dr. Michael Inhester (partner, M&A/private equity, Munich)
- Daniel Wiedmann (associated partner, antitrust law/foreign trade law, Frankfurt)
- Dr. Sebastian Seier (senior associate, corporate/capital markets law, Munich)
- Christine Funk (senior associate, IP law, Frankfurt)
- Xin Zhang (associate, antitrust law/foreign trade law, Frankfurt)
- Dr. Moritz Lehnert (associate, corporate/capital markets law, Munich)
together with in-house corporate counsel Michael Schmolinske, Eckert & Ziegler Strahlen- und Medizinrecht AG, and on regulatory/medical products law in cooperation with Dr. Hannes Kern, wuertenberger | Partnerschaft von Rechtsanwälten mbB.
Dr. Sebastian Kühl, HUTH DIETRICH HAHN Rechtsanwälte Part-GmbB, advised TCL.