POELLATH advises Acura Zahnärzte on acquisition of stakes in dental practices
Acura was founded in 2018 as a partnership between entrepreneurs and dentists with the support of private equity investor Investcorp. Investcorp has a 30-year track record of building and growing quality businesses. Since its inception, Acura, based in Frankfurt, Germany, has become a leading platform that implements a buy-and-build strategy by investing in individual dental practices to create a network that provides accessible, high-quality dental care across Germany. To this end, Acura specifically offers interested dentists customized, entrepreneurial growth solutions that maintain the identity of the practice and its medical autonomy. This creates a partnership in which co-founders and co-entrepreneurs are on a level playing field with the goal of increasing the value of the joint company.
One of the first Acura investments in 2018 was the acquisition of the private dental clinic Schloss Schellenstein GmbH, which has approximately 40 employees and is one of the leading centers for implantology and dental surgery. Since then, numerous other acquisitions have taken place.
POELLATH is assisting Acura in the acquisition of interests in other dental practices and practice associations, providing ongoing and comprehensive legal and tax advice with the following team:
- Dr. Frank Thiäner (partner, lead, M&A/private equity, Munich)
- Gerald Herrmann (partner, tax, Munich)
- Dr. Tim Junginger (counsel, M&A/private equity, Munich)
- Dr. Matthias Werner (counsel, real estate, Berlin)
- Dr. Jesko von Mirbach (senior associate, M&A/private equity, Berlin/Munich)
- Dr. Dominik Gerlicher (associate, M&A/private equity, Munich)
- Tobias Deschenhalm (associate, tax, Munich)