POELLATH advises HPE Growth on increasing its investment in AEVI International GmbH
HPE Growth has increased its investment in AEVI International GmbH (“AEVI”) by acquiring the majority stake from Diebold Nixdorf. AEVI was created from the Diebold Nixdorf Group through a carve-out in October 2015. HPE Growth had previously acquired a minority stake in AEVI through a capital increase in 2016. POELLATH also provided legal and tax advice to HPE Growth in the context of this transaction.
Diebold Nixdorf is a global provider of IT solutions and services for retail banks and retailers. AEVI provides a globally leading in-person payments orchestration platform. HPE Growth’s acquisition of Diebold Nixdorf’s stake in AEVI enables AEVI to strengthen its position as a leading payment solutions expert, while maintaining its important partnership with Diebold Nixdorf.
HPE Growth is a leading European growth capital firm focused on digital and data-driven technology sectors. Portfolio investments include companies such as PPRO, Tiqets, eGym, Uberall and WeTransfer. HPE Growth’s current assets under management exceed EUR 600 million.
POELLATH once again provided comprehensive legal and tax advice to HPE Growth on the transaction with the following team:
- Dr. Frank Thiäner (partner, M&A/private equity, Munich)
- Gerald Herrmann (partner, tax, Munich)
- Daniel Wiedmann, LL.M. (NYU) (associated partner, distribution and antitrust law, Frankfurt aM)
- Dr. Tim Junginger, LL.M. (counsel, lead, M&A/private equity, Munich)
- Till Schwichtenberg (senior associate, M&A/private equity, Munich)
- Jannis Lührs (associate, M&A/private equity, Munich)